Last modified: February 2021
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
We understand your concerns about safety and security and want to assure you that we make every effort to safeguard your privacy when you make donations through your interactions with us.
Personal Information We Collect
This Site collects personal information that you choose to provide, for example . Please do not provide information that you do not want us to have. Please understand that we may not be able to fulfill your request or order if you choose not to provide us with required information.
In addition, we may gather information about you automatically through your use of the Site, e.g., your IP address, browser characteristics, device IDs and characteristics, location, mobile network information, operating system version, language preferences, and referring URLs. We and our third-party partners, such as advertising networks, social media widgets, and analytics providers, collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, and web server logs (collectively, “Tools”). We may use this information to better understand visitors and users of our site, or customize and improve the user experience of our websites, services, and offerings. Please see “Cookies and other similar technologies” section below for further information on how we collect your personal information via such technologies on the Site.
We are committed to children’s privacy and our website and information collection practices are designed to meet the requirements under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If you have visited this website and are under the age of 13, any account setup and/or information entered should be provided by a parent or guardian only. In the event that children’s personal information is inadvertently collected, we do not make that personal information collected publicly available nor do we enable children to do so on our Website.
If it has come to your attention that an individual who is under the age of 13 has an account with us or has entered personal information into our Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Parents/guardians may also contact us at that address to review, update or delete any of their children's personal information that we may have collected and to elect for us not to collect any additional personal information from their children.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We may process your personal information via the Site to ensure compliance with local legal and regulatory requirements and for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, including the following:
- to respond to an inquiry and any related activity that may result from your inquiry;
- to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
- In the event you are a prospective employee, to collect the necessary information for completion of the application process, or to meet scheduling or staffing requirements.
How We Share the Personal Information We Collect
We may share your personal information with our affiliates, subsidiaries, or group companies and third-party service providers who we use to support our services. We may also share your personal information where disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with legal process (such as a court order) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority; (b) protect our rights or property; (c) protect the interests of users of the Site, other than you, or any other person; (d) operate or conduct maintenance and repair of our services or equipment; (e) in connection with a sale or dissolution of any of our businesses or affiliated entities; or (f) as otherwise permitted by law.
Links To Third-Party Websites
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative procedures to protect the personal information you provide to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately.
Retention of your Personal Information
To determine the appropriate retention period for any personal information you provide to us via the Site, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. Should you have questions about how we manage your information, please reach out to use at support.
With regard to the collection and use of your personal information, there are certain rights available to you as the data subject. If you are a resident of a particular jurisdiction (e.g., California/CCPA, E.U./GDPR, or others), these rights may be further enumerated in those statutes/regulations respectively.
The section entitled "Personal Information We Collect" above lists the categories of personal information we have collected about residents in the preceding 12 months and how that information is collected. These categories of personal information are as follows:
- Identifiers including name, postal address, online identifier, IP address, and email address;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above reflecting your preferences and characteristics.
We use and share this information for the following business and commercial purposes:
- Comply with legal process (such as a court order) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority;
- Protect our rights or property;
- Protect the interests of users of the Site, other than you, or any other person;
- Operate or conduct maintenance and repair of our services or equipment;
- In connection with a sale or dissolution of any of our businesses; or
- As otherwise permitted by law.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. Even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions or messages related to any purchases you make.
You also have the right to request:
- Access the to your personal information we hold about you;
- Request we correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- Request we delete any personal information we hold about you;
- Restrict the processing of personal information we hold about you;
- Object to the processing of personal information we hold about you; and/or
- Receive any personal information we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such personal information transmitted to another company. We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing information requested to you.
While we will do our best to honor your request, we may not be able to do so in certain situations where you data is needed or required (e.g., complying with the legal process or facilitating a transaction upon your request).
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal information, please contact us at support . We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures. If you would like to opt out of receiving promotional emails, please follow the opt-out link within the promotional email message.
Should you wish to request the exercise of your rights as detailed above with regard to your personal information, to the extent required by applicable law, we may need to take steps, including to request additional information from you, to verify your identity. When making your request, please indicate your state of residence (or country of residence if outside of the United States) and include “Privacy Rights Inquiry” as the subject of the correspondence.
If you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal information with the supervisory authority in your country.
Update Your Information Or Pose A Question Or Suggestion
Do Not Track
Cookies and other similar technologies
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: also known as “analytical” cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site. For example, they allow us to understand which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies are necessary for our Site to operate and allow us to remember what choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Advertising and marketing cookies: these cookies are used to send you advertising and marketing-related material tailored to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
Your web browser can be set to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to you. If your browser is set to reject cookies, the Site may not recognize you when you return to the website, and some website functionality may be lost. The Help section of your browser may tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage or delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may also use web analytics services such as Google Analytics that leverage Tools to help us to understand how visitors engage with and navigate our Site. Information on how Google Analytics collects and processes your data is available here: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.You can opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics in the future here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
We do not “sell” any information collected via the Site.
How to Contact Us About Privacy Matters
If you would like to contact us for any reason concerning our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com.